Friday, May 22, 2009

The Awful Thing About Hate

So, not sure you heard about this or not, but a few days ago this one guy murdered another guy.

I know. Awful, right? But, what makes this murder even more awful is that the guy that killed the other guy hated him. Yep. I know. So, not only is he being charged with murder, but they're adding a hate crime on top of that...which is really, really bad. The guy is gonna go to jail for like, I dunno, the rest of his life. (Plus probably more.)

Now, I'm not a lawyer or anything but I do have a lot in my family. S0, I just want to make sure you all know that if you were planning on murdering someone, make sure you like them...or, at the very least feel somewhat indifferent to them. This way, if you do get caught, there will be a little wiggle room when it comes time for your sentencing. Under no circumstances are you to hate your victim at the time of the murder. If you do, they're gonna throw the book at you.

So, I think it's wise to follow this general rule when contemplating murder: (I've put it in a little poem to make it easier to remember.)

"If you HATE, hesitate and wait!
 If you LIKE, feel free to strike!"

Knowing when murder is marginally acceptable will make things easier for all of us. 

3 comments:

  1. My sentiments exactly.

    And if you like them a whole whole lot, you can plead insanity! 8D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That defense didn't work so well for Mark David Chapman. He liked his victim a WHOLE LOT.

    ReplyDelete