Friday, August 13, 2010

BOARD MEETING REMINDER

Just a reminder to everyone: we're going to have our Froynlaven board meeting tomorrow in the small conference room on the 2nd floor. (Across from that bigger room with those things on the door.)

I know it's Saturday, but I'd like us to get started at 8am sharp. We're going to have a presentation by our landscape chairman, Len Buttress, and I'd like everyone to be there. Len came by yesterday and gave me an overview and it was almost interesting.

Mrs. Yorgenson has also put together a subversive powerpoint presentation which we'll be showing after Len's.

Also, the maintenance people have informed me the restrooms will be closed for repair. So, I suggest everyone bring a jar or some other means of sanitary collection.

As always, Bridget has asked that we all pitch in and bring at least one side-dish. She's also asked me to remind everyone about Mrs. Layette's food allergies. So please don't bring anything that's been exposed to peanuts, eggs, bananas, greens, milk, wheat, meat from hoofed animals, air, felt, or poultry.

In order to help Bridget, would you all kindly respond with what you'll bring? That way, we won't duplicate and avoid the fight we had last month.

Billy Sawson has asked that we put 5 minutes on the agenda so he can show us that Abraham Lincoln superhero cartoon that he's worked so hard on. I think it's only fair that we support Billy in his efforts, so let's all try not to make fun of him like we did last time. (Ben? Mrs. Yorgenson?)

Also, I hate to mention this, but I'd ask everyone to try to shower before the meeting and use a good deodorant soap. (LifeBoy, Lava, Irish Spring, Dial, Zest) All these can be found at your local supermarket. Please avail yourself of these products.

I hope to conclude the meeting by 9pm. So, if anyone would like to go out afterwards, I think that would be nice. Kay Mamers has said that we're all welcome to come to her house. She'd like to remind everyone that her dogs bite if you look at them, so bring your special glasses.

Okay then, I'll see you all tomorrow.


12 comments:

  1. Oh, so Mr.Yorgenson won't make it? Again?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bringing AMBROSIA again, you know, my jello salad, whether Mrs. Layette can eat it or not. How was I to know jello was made from cow hooves? I'm not some sort of food chemist! Anyway, that's what I'm bringing. The jello is red -- strawberry, with the crushed pineapples and whipcream blended in. Mmmmmm! I love this stuff. I eat it every night for dessert. Ev. Er. Y. Night. If you don't like it, don't eat it. More for me. Here are the ingredients (If you're allergic to any of this stuff, keep your mitts off it):

    1 (3 oz.) pkg. orange Jello. (I prefer strawberry)
    2 tbsp. sugar
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 c. boiling water (Are you allergic to water too, Layette?)
    1 c. orange juice
    1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
    1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed
    1/2 c. flaked coconut

    It's delicious and refreshing. Some say it's the best dessert ever, a dessert sent from heaven. And that's why they call it AMBROSIA! It's that good! So I don't want to hear any more complaints about it, okay? If you don't like it, shut your pie hole or eat some other dessert, like those cupcakes Mamers brought last year that sent Banaskeiwicz to the emergency room.

    Chip Glossop
    Buildings and Grounds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just make sure there's a seat for me that's nowhere near Murray from Accounting. I'm not going to get into the details of the situation for those who haven't heard from HR about it yet, but suffice it to say Murray knows why.

    I, for one, will be quite happy to come over to Kay's house afterward, since I'd like to see what all those office supplies she's been taking from my desk have been getting up to without me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm bringing a PowerPoint presentation. I'm not sure what's on it. I downloaded it a while back from some site and never really looked at it. PowerPoints are professional and classy so if we show it to someone with a suit, he will probably give us money. [People in suits often have money to give to people in office rooms with PowerPoint presentations.]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be bringing my seething, veiled contempt for corporate governance. And donuts and coffee. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bring some beer and bratwurst with sauerkraut...
    Maz, pleeeeease bring the donuts! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I'll bring the green bean caserole :)
    Can i bring a friend? He just lost his yoyo, and has a great idea for making money, or did he say honey? Aw well, either way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say, that, the meeting was a big success.
    Except for the Lincon Superhero cartoon, what a mess.
    I also speak for everyone when I say Tom, that Ambrosia is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is good, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't appreciate the way you snubbed me for not tasting it. I have an aversion to marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snub the marshmallows, feel the snub back at'cha. It's the way of the world, my friend. Get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Argh! I missed it! I was in the bigger room at 8 a.m. dull instead of the smaller room at 8 a.m. sharp. Why can't we get these things more standardized?

    Little did I know that the buffet in that room was not meant to be for me. I thought the food was rather better than our usual fare.

    I knew something was up when I went to the restroom. Or rather, when I returned from the restroom and heard a bunch of people in the room arguing in Macedonian. I think they were upset about catering.

    ReplyDelete