Monday, March 8, 2010

ONLY IN HOLLYWOOD

Or...

A small suburb 20 minutes away.

We were watching the Academy Awards last night and when the award for best Cinematography was given out, something odd happened.

My wife and I looked at each other. "Why, that's our neighbor!"

"No. Can't be."

"Yeah! I'm telling you!"

"Wait. Here he comes up to the podium."

'THAT'S OUR NEIGHBOR!!!"

Yep. Turns out, the guy that lives two doors down won for best cinematography for Avatar. Go fig. We've waved a couple of times, but that's about it. His trash barrels look a lot like ours. However, now when I see his trash barrels, I will see the barrels of someone who has won an Academy Award.

Those are some amazing barrels.






5 comments:

  1. Yeah, but does he have a Peabody?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a small world, afterall...
    Do you think I missed something, if I did not see the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually sad to say that I don't think I could pick any of my Westwood inhabitant neighbors out of a line-up if I tried... I should be more social...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Paul, you're mistaken, he only won an Emmy for the barrels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surely those aren't his trash barrels, nobody who won an award for Avatar could possibly feel right about throwing anything away.

    ReplyDelete