Tuesday, May 18, 2010

IN A SOVIET STATE OF POOH

So, my delight of having seen Edward Hill's amazing rendition of TROLOLO, got me investigating other things that the Soviets did that I might like...besides making life in Cuba so horrible that my future wife would move to Burbank and I would meet her one day.

Such an investigation has led me to Winnie The Pooh. But...the Soviet version; Vinni Puh. I expected to find it was so terrible...so gloriously awful...that I would put it up for you to laugh at. However, I found I rather liked it...and, in fact...I think it's a little closer to what A.A. Milne was going for. (That's just me.)

Anyway, here you go. It even has English subtitles.


10 comments:

  1. I sent you an email, let me know if you didn't get it please.

    (and I forgot to mention in the email that the videos in the link called "kickassia" are a special, and not a normal Nostalgia Critic review.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takineko,

    I did not get it...

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's nine minutes I'll never get back :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's odd. I sent it to froynlavenkmmc@sbcglobal.net did you have more than one? I will try again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it wrong I find the Soviet Pooh more cute and fun to watch than the real Pooh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Takineko,

    Been having email issues. There's a new contact froynlaven email...

    worldoffroynlaven@sbcglobal.net

    And no, I like the Soviet Puh better, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok emailed it to you again, let me know if you get it or not

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. I find the voice disturbingly like Eric Cartman though. Great music--very retro-y.

    ReplyDelete