Monday, March 16, 2009

ETHEL MERMAN SINGS FLIPPER!

Large and weighty kudos to those who entered their songs in the very first Froynlaven Readers Participation Week!

What would it sound like if Ethel Merman sang the theme song to Flipper? 

Well, let's see what Maz did, shall we?



Next, here's what the legendary Keeper has cooked up for us...



Let me just say that if there were more people like Keeper and Maz out there....why, we wouldn't need any stimulus plans at all! Such is their talent!

Let all of us praise them in unison and remember this as an important day of special significance! 

Well done Keeper and Maz! Well done!

10 comments:

  1. Yes! They are awesome.

    I thought this was a competition? It's just as well, they're both winners! There were no prizes anyway.

    Where's your "Yakko's World"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who said there weren't prizes? There are prizes!

    You'll have to wait to see...

    Yakko's World is coming...

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prizes! Oh boy!

    Fame! Fortune! Gift certificates to Papaya Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to submit something, but I'm afraid there's not much difference between my Ethel Merman and my Carol Channing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, prizes! How exciting! For once, Ethel Merman is bringing joy into my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeper!

    Whu happened? The link doesn't work anymore!

    Waaaaaah!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh? What link? Everything seems to work fine here. Maybe a temporary problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both performances are FABULOUS!
    Congrats
    Tom Ruegger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh secret prizes! Hurray!

    Troy, I demand to hear your Channing/Merman.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah Troy. When I listened to what I did, I realized how it was almost Al Jolson in tone (but not in delivery). So I ended up singing There's No Business Like Show Business as Al Jolson for a moment. But I left my Merman entry as it came out on the first take, however slightly Jolsonish it might have been.

    And Paul, I look forward to the next Reader Participation event... 'cause I can't stop singing Flipper Merman!

    ReplyDelete